About the Journal
Aims and Scope
The 21st century Center of Excellence for “Social Management Systems” which was authorized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan, founded the Society for Social Management Systems which is to promote the research, investigation, and information exchange regarding not only each academic field but integrated academic fields to conduct social system management, to uphold intellectual interchange with researchers, research institutes, etc. of the field pertaining broadly to social system management regardless of specific field, and to contribute to the activities of propagating efficient social systems. Papers submitted by authors will be posted on the Web site immediately upon receipt, and thereafter evaluated (reviewed) by the Academic Review Committee, which consists of many experts worldwide. The findings of the Review Committee will then be posted on the Web along with the member signatures. Research papers from the internet journal publication deemed to be the most excellent will receive commendation on every one and two years and the authors will be invited to an international symposium at which they may present their findings. The society sincerely welcomes all submissions from your colleagues and you. More details are available on this homepage.
Provisions for Academic Paper Compilation
I. Requirements for paper submission
Authors can download the journal formats (Word form or Tex form) and can submit two types of papers through the Society website.
1) 10 to 12 pages paper which shows academic achievements
2) 30 to 60 pages paper covering one broad theme which shows new academic achievements
II. Treatments of submitted papers
Submitted papers will be reviewed in accordance with the following procedures.
- All the submitted papers will be reviewed by Scientific committee members and by reviewers who are recommended by Scientific committee members. If necessary, authors will be requested to rewrite and/or resubmit the papers.
- All papers accepted at International symposium are automatically recognized as submitted to the Internet Journal of Society for Social Management Systems (SSMS).
- Authors have responsibility to manage the copyrights of graphs, charts, descriptions and others which have been revealed on the papers.
- Authors have responsibility to manage the co-author's information on the papers.
- The copyrights of papers belong to the authors, however the Society for Social Management Systems also have the right to use them.
Ⅲ. Review of the submitted papers and other procedures necessary for refereeing will be conducted according to the “Regulations on the Internet Journal.”
Regulations on the Internet Journal
Ⅰ. Authors are required papers with originality in accordance to the objective of the Society for Social Management Systems.
Ⅱ. Excellent papers selected by the Reviewing Committee will be given the award and invited to the International Symposium.
Ⅲ. Provisions for Reviewing Academic Paper Compilation (detailed regulations)
Papers will be reviewed in accordance with the following procedures.
- Papers submitted to SSMS symposium as well as through the internet at any time will be the subjects to peer review.
- Authors have to submit papers with the specified format.
- All the submitted papers will be reviewed by Scientific committee members and by reviewers who are recommended by Scientific committee members through the reviewing system.
- Acceptance or rejection of the paper will be judged by two reviewers. If the judges are split, selected third reviewer will be appointed and will make a final decision.
- Reviewers are not revealed (Single-blind).
- Authors will be notified acceptance or rejection of their papers by E-mail. If the paper is accepted, comments may be added by the review committees as necessary and the society will receive the final paper in which necessary revisions and/or corrections are made accordingly, and will appear on the Internet Journal.
- Regulation of reviewing consists of the following point of views.
- The paper presents with a logical structure.
- The results and conclusion are understandable.
- The paper has significance of the subject
- The paper presents new information or new treatment of existing knowledge.
- The paper is written in understandable English.
- The paper format meets the manuscript guideline.
Ⅳ. Internet Journal is published in December in the year International Symposium is held and in July in the following year.